My last post was on my 40 different real ales this the year of my 40th birthday. I’d managed 30 up until a few days ago and then over the last fortnight I’ve managed 5 more..
- ?Eastgate Ale. Weetwood Brewey (a Cheshire business)
- Ossett Brewery Pale Gold
- Beartown kodiak gold
- Wrinkle brewery lord lucan
- Rebellion Smuggler (4.1% ABV), The Marlow Brewery
The fifth beer was at Heston’s Hinds Head in Bray on Tuesday evening, considering were it was poured it wasn’t the best of the bunch. So just short of two weeks left to go and it should be a breeze now, hopefully can leave just 1 to go for my actual birthday.
A little secret, this year I’m going to be 40, a bit of shock to the system but I thought I’d try and do something a little different through the year to make it a little bit special.
As I’ve ‘matured’ I’ve moved away from fizzy beers through to ones with a little more taste and substance, i.e. real ales.
I had thought about doing 40 for 40 as new and different foods, but thought that might get tricky into the thirties, brain and whale blubber kinda put me off that.
So I thought I’d do 40 beers instead..so it’s about 3 weeks to go, surely enough time to get the final 10 done.
The beers drunk so far….
- Blue Monkey. 16. 1. 10, Brewery: BG Sips
- Brimstage, Brewery Rhode Island Wirral
- Summer Wine Inferno, Holmfirth
- Marble Pint 3.9%
- Winter Belle Gertie Sweet Pale 4.5%
- Harveston Schiehallion Scotish 4.8%
- harvest pale ale Black sheep Winter.
- Pale ale acorn brewery
- Spitting feathers brewery – thirst quencher.
- Spring head, meltdown,
- Wharfbank Tether Blond, Yorkshire. 4.1%
- Ludlow gold 4.1% pale ale
- Crouch vale, Brewers gold
- Acorn Brewery – Barnsley Gold
- Northern – what is it, Malt golden beer
- Roos eps Yankee. From York
- Acorn White oak, very pale
- Arbour light
- Dark Beauty
- Titanic stearage
- Ossett Yorkshire Blonde
- Bridge of Allan, Sporran warmer – blonde ale, creamy
- Hop Garden Gold, Hogs back brewey
- Golden sheep – Black Sheep Brewery
- Golden Delicious – Burton Bridge brewery
- Sharps Cornish Coaster
- Farmers Blonde
- Facers Clywd Gold
- Fullers Organic Honey Dew
- Hop Garden Gold
Only 10 to go…can I do it?
We’re off to Compton Pool
again for a long weekend at the Farmhouse, it’s turning into a bit of an annual Family event, we have to thank my Mum for that. This I think is our 5th visit to Compton Pool and I’m sure it’ll be great again.
Ann and John are always great to their guests and it’s an award winning destination. It even appeared on Sarah Beeny’s developer program as the model of how to develop a holiday home.
Anyway, as always we’ll look forward to it and it’ll all be over too quick!
Had a great afternoon at the park today, enjoyed the last of the sunshine.
I can’t see this warm sunny weather lasted beyond the next few days.