I’ve been using Brett’s GTD template within Lotus Notes to track all the things I have to do and I’m pretty pleased so far. On Brett’s site it mentions mNotes and it working with the GTD template but it doesn’t provide exactly how to get the DB onto my SPV C500. So I dropped Commontime a note for some help and they responded as quickly as normal.
So here’s how I did it.
1. On your PC, open the control database by going into Lotus Notes and
using File > Database > Open then scrolling down to the Cadenza folder,
opening that folder and then opening the control database.
2. Select the Profiles view.
3. Select your profile and click on Edit to open the profile in edit mode
(make sure you select the correct profile for your PDA type).
4. Select and expand the Databases section.
5. Select the Task (todo) subsection.
6. Enter details of the GTD database as follows:
under Personal Mode > Database: the name and path (relative to Notes/Domino data
folder) of the database. in my case that was simply "my GTD List.nsf" as it’s stored locally within the notes/data directory.
7. Click save and you come out of the profile editing page.
8. Reset the to-do list on your smartphone and then sync up.
You then get all your actions listed on your phone. I’m not exactly sure how much use that is right now but we’ll see.